King’s Shropshire Light Infantry and Herefordshire Regiment Memorial

There’s a whole room in St Chad’s, Shrewsbury, dedicated to the memory of the King’s Shropshire Light Infantry and the Herefordshire Regiment which were affiliated in 1881.

Doorway from interior. Inscribed, “To the glory of God and in memory of the men of the corps of the kIng’s Shropshire Light Infantry in which are incorporated the King’s Shropshire Light Infantry and the Herefordshire Regiment who laid down their lives in the service of their country.” (Stitch of two photos.)

Memorial Wall in St Chad's, Shrewsbury

“Aucto Splendore Resurgo.” 4th Battalion King’s Shropshire Light Infantry memorial:-

St Chad's, Shrewsbury

“Manu Forte.” The Herefordshire Regiment formerly the Herefordshire Rifle Volunteer Corps now the Herefordshire Light Infantry.

Herefordshire Regiment Memorial, St Chad's, Shrewsbury

Tags: , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

free hit counter script